Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Purple, Yellow, Green, Black, Blue...

are all the colors I can see on my ankle! Yep, it's true. I've injured my right ankle, AGAIN! I'll spare you pictures, trust me. Let's just say, avulsion fracture = the best kind of fracture.

It all happened Thursday, the same day as the Grey's Anatomy season finale. The boys were restless and the weather was gorgeous, so we decided to pile into the Explorer and head to Raccoon River park. By the time we finally unloaded the boys and their sand toys, and got down to the beach, it was about 6 o'clock, leaving two hours until the show started, thus making our 'curfew' 8 pm. Well once we got down to the beach, we noticed some kids had dug an enormous hole.

Exhibit A. Said hole, with baby in it.
From 052009


We thought it would be fun to put Gabriel into the hole. I mean, hole = baby right? So I went to pick him up, after his 1 minute attention span had lapsed, I stepped into the hole, and picked him up, and fell! Luckily, he didn't fall or hit the ground, my mommy instincts worked! As I was falling, I heard/felt a crack. Not good.

I immediately called Barry, who was rightly annoyed and playing in the water with Julian. Barry examined my ankle, which was swelling instantly, and decided we would have to go to the ER. I cried a lot, mostly because I didn't want to miss the Grey's season finale. And when I realized we'd have to take both boys to the ER, I cried some more. Luckily, we have some great friends that watched Julian for us, and we took Gabe with us. Then I cried some more, because then my friends (natalie and James) were going to miss Grey's Anatomy! So we got to the ER, no wait at all, it was fabulous, and then got my x-ray and diagnosis, fabulously stylish, knee high boot, all within 45 minutes! Yes, less than an hour in the ER! It was an answer to prayers. Guess what time I got home? 7:54!! I got to watch Grey's. Barry put Gabe down for bed, and took Julian to get my prescription, so I watched almost the whole 2 hours by myself, and cried some more!

Now that I can walk again, it was a hard week being pretty much recliner ridden. I knit a lot. I will post the spoils of my knitting retreat on my crafty blog.

I can drive. It's glorious. I feel 16 again!

Stacy comes in one week! If you want to schedule any photo shoots (TRUST ME, YOU DO!) email her! thejacobsenfam@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Suzie said...

so glad that you're feeling better and that you didn't miss Greys!! haha

natalie palmer said...

you are so funny! i can't believe you cried over us missing gray's!! i mean, it's important... don't get me wrong. but you are a million times more important!
plus, we can watch it anytime on the internet. :) i'm glad you are feeling better.