Thursday, December 8, 2011

Red Lipstick Trials

I'm on a mission. To find the perfect shade of red lipstick. Now I know what you're thinking. Red lipstick? Is she 79? No. I'm not, 28 thank you very much. It's a glam look, and one that pulls the whole thing together. My goal, and hope, is that by finding the perfect shade of red lipstick that I'll be able to put it on my lips and instantly look like I've gotten ready.

I've had numerous people tell me about this shade. So up first we have MAC Russian Red. Last night I went to the Valley West mall with two shades in mind. Russian Red and Ruby Woo (Thanks Jennie!) After trying both on my hand (which is easily 4 shades darker than my Cullen white face) we both agreed that Russian Red was more complimentary and I did it. I took the plunge. Tried on my first shade of Red Lipstick. My other goal for this trial is to have a collection of wonderful go-to shades of red. I kind of want to display them all nicely on a spice rack like I've seen others do in Pinterest, except with something way more collectible than lipstick tubes.

So here we go. Photo proof of the Red Lipstick Trial.

My Before. (Now note there is no other makeup on my face. The whole purpose of the perfect shade of Red, for me, is to be able to do this one thing and instantly feel put together. Would it look better if I had eye make up on? Obviously. But that's not the purpose for me.)
BEFORE

The goods (Russian Red Matte Lipstick and Cherry Liner)
MAC RussianRed/Cherry Liner

End Result.
MAC Russian Red

So what do you think? Do you think Russian Red fills it's purpose in my life? I feel like it instantly improved my look, and I don't feel quite as homely. And that my friends is a very good thing.