Sunday, April 13, 2014

Long time coming


Have you ever loved something, a dress, some shorts, a pair of pants or top so much that you bought it even though it wasn't the most flattering thing? Ya know maybe it'll fit when I lose those last 5 lbs. it kinda fits, maybe some spanx will help. 

About 3 years ago I was in Tacoma with my best friend, Carly. I had never been to h&m so duh, we went. I found this dress that I just loved so much. And it was h&m so cheap. The only problem? They didn't have my size. So I did what any self respecting woman would do...bought the smaller size. I COULD wear it, sure there were lumps where there shouldn't be and it did nothing for my figure but hey I loved it and it was something ridiculous like $14.95. 

I've lost about 18 pounds since December. That translates to 2-3 sizes depending on which clothing brand you ask. I'm 2.4 lbs away from my goal weight and now focusing on toning my muscles and body.

Today, I tried on that h&m dress that I loved so much. Today, it fit. Today, despite poor food choices this weekend (hey family is town, that never happens!!) I am happy with the progress I have made on this journey towards fit. 

No comments: