Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Moon

So I know. I know I'm 26. I know these books were written for girls ten years or so younger than me. But I am SO freaking excited for this movie. It's ridiculous really.

I'm seeing it tomorrow at 7:30 with my two best friends. What could be better, seriously?

I wanted to give a recap of my birthday, mostly for my own personal record, because it was quite...memorable.

So yesterday morning, we woke up, and Julian told me Happy Birthday. Awww.

Then the boys and I lazed around the house until about 11 when I decided to go spend my birthday money from my mom, on a fancy new outfit for New Moon tomorrow. (Yes, I bought a new outfit to go to the movies. That's how I roll.)

Before we got ready and out the door, Gabriel had done the following:
1. Spilled his juice, on purpose, on the carpet.
2. Dumped his popcorn, on purpose, on the carpet.
3. Sewed. As in, turned on my sewing machine, and pressed the foot down, and sewed, while my project was on the sewing machine, waiting for me to finish.
4. Fought countless times with Julian, and vice versa.
5. Made the adorable "Cheese" face, pictured here:
DSC_2386
no fewer than 900 times. He knows it makes me smile, which is helpful when he's being extra naughty.

There's more I'm sure. But these are just the things I remember.

The Target trip was successful. I got a super cute pair of jeans, some new cute $30 cowboy boots, not the $200 ones I've been lusting over for 2+ years, but they'll do. A cute top and a cute purse, all for $100! Nice job, I say.

We came home, and of course, of course, Julian fell asleep in the car. Gabriel remained steadfast, and only fell asleep about a minute before we got home. When Julian falls asleep in the car, that means no nap. Joy of Joys, let me tell ya!

So Julian and I watched General Hospital, and cleaned up the disaster that was my living room from the morning of dumping by G.

Barry got home at 4:30 and we got them dressed again, oh by the way, my kids? Nudists. Weirdos. And headed to Red Robin.

At Red Robin, the boys, were actually pretty good. They got restless though, as any 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old boy would, and they left to go play games with daddy. I ate my free birthday ice cream in peace, and then paid for my dinner, lol!

We went to Target, because I like looking at stuff, and I never get to go with Barry, because he's always studying, or at school, or cleaning, or...you get the picture. So we walked around Target. BAD idea. Julian threw the meltdown to end all meltdowns. Like full on kicking, screaming, and crying. I was mortified. Needless to say, he didn't get the $1 toy he was throwing said fit over. If you heard a boy screaming at West Glen Target last night? About 7, that was Julian. We came home, put Gabe to bed, who went to bed without a binki/binky/pacifier! And then I read stories to Julian, who passed out by 8.

Barry and I watched a pretty cheesy movie, The Accidental Husband, the saving graces were, Denny Duquette, and Mark Darcy. Uma does nothing for me.

2 comments:

Ty and Jenn said...

Sounds like an eventful birthday!

Shannon said...

ok, how cute is G when he says "cheese"... so stinking cute!!!!

ok, and i love that you said "that's how i roll..." so funny!!! when i went to see Sex and the City i got a new outfit for the premiere... i guess that's how i roll too!