Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So lame with the blogging

I wish I had some great excuse as to why I haven't been blogging. I just haven't.

So here's a little September recap.

For drill weekend, Barry's unit had a BBQ! It was really, really fun, and some of our best friends, The Hubbards were there. I actually remembered to bring my camera (shock!) and was able to get some cute pictures of the kiddos.

Now I'm just going to say. I do not love Gabe more than Julian. He is just such a poser that it's SO much easier to take photos of him!

DSC_0008

DSC_0013

Cheeseball
DSC_0014

Gabe looooves watermelon! (That's my boy!)
DSC_0018

One of those rare moments that Julian cooperated with me.
DSC_0025

Gabe was so excited to be in the tree, like J.
DSC_0030

Gabe and his 'cute flower'
DSC_0039

Julian has preschool on Mondays, and Gabe and I have been enjoying our dates together. We usually do something silly like go to Target, or play at the park. But I really love spending that one on one time with him, and he really does too. This last week though, he cried because he couldn't go to preschool. I definitely take that as a good sign!

I'm 35 weeks pregnant, as of Monday! Holycow! Gabe and I went to the hospital on Monday to drop off my pre registration paperwork! Owen is considered full term in just less than 2 weeks! Freaking me out! The room is almost done, I should take pictures for it. And we ordered the swing last night. I do need to wash the car seat fabric, cover, whatever it's called, but then I think we're good to go.

I want to show you the swing. I am sooo stoked for it, and I have a few pregnant mamas that might read my blog.

It's called a MamaRoo.
http://www.4momsonline.com/mamaroo

And I can thank my super talented friend, Jackie for introducing me to it. I'm so excited. I got the silver, in case you're curious.

We also went to Jackie's little boy, Brogan's birthday party a few weekends ago. It was really fun, and Brogan was so lucky to get a train table. It was a Thomas themed party, so I got the idea to applique a shirt for the birthday boy.
Brogan's Birthday Shirt!  2!

I think it turned out pretty cute! Jackie also made the most spectacular cake I have ever seen.

Seriously. She made this.
DSC_0019

And not only is it beautiful, but it was DELICIOUS. The first part was chocolate cake with peanut butter filling. Are you kidding me? And the bottom was almond cake with white chocolate ganache filling. (I didn't eat two slices of cake, I've had her almond cake and white chocolate ganache before! Delish!)

September was a busy, but good month for us! October is proving to be just as busy! Today the boys have preschool, and I'm the mom in one of the classes! The Waukee fire department is bringing by a firetruck, and I know a certain two year old who is going to be ridiculously excited!

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

I'm so excited for you Christia! And I totally know what you mean about picture taking of the boys. I need to document Jack's resistance to picture taking NOW so that when they are grown and he complains about their being no pictures of him and tons of Joey I can remind him that it's because he just gives me attitude at picture time! Look forward to hearing about Baby Owen (love the name!) MJ