Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ice on the sidewalk...

...melts faster here. The reason being, it's FREAKING hot! Tonight, at 10:00 pm, it is nearly 90 degrees. According to weather.com it 'feels like 100!' WOW!!!

Today was a very productive day for me. I woke up relatively early, and showered for church. We got the boys all ready, and left for church on time. Not knowing exactly where the church was proved to be quite an issue though. We followed google maps directions to a "T" and were stunned, well not really, to find out that the street we take to church is closed for construction! By the time we reached the church building it was nearly 1:20! We tried to find a place to sit, but it was packed to the brim! Julian had fallen asleep in the car, and was acting wonky. So we left. Next Sunday, now that we know where the church is, we will be there early!

After naps, which I graciously partook of, I sent Barry to the mall with the boys (to the playplace) so I could clean! I got a TON done! I finished the laundry room/dining room, kitchen and 90% of the living room! It felt SO good to get it finished!

I tried to find the post office in Clive, which I eventually did. It was locked though, or maybe it had some fancy door that you have to have a secret password to get into? I don't know. On my way there, I was talking on the phone to Mary, my old co-worker from BECU, and saw 3 humongous deer in a parking lot! It was random to see them just walking through the parking lot. Since the entire reason I went to the post office was to get some Priority Mail mailers, I decided a stop at Hy-Vee was in order. I needed an envelope to mail my package off in. Much to my surprise and happiness, the Post Office Express was still open! *Until 10:00 I might add* I was able to get the mailers there (only a mere mile from my house, unlike the almost 4 to Clive!) and was able to mail my friend Barbara, Twilight to read. I also included a sweet treat I found at Barnes & Noble! :) I really hope she likes it. I personally have never met anyone that's read Twilight and not liked it. It makes me nervous though, recommending something so highly, I am kind of afraid of the disappointment! Especially because it's something that is so near to my heart, because Kristy recommended the books to me. (Plus my co-worker Mary and I made fun of someone that loved the books, before we'd read them, and now feel terrible!!!)

I have already lent out my coyp of Breaking Dawn to my neighbor Julie. I hope she likes it. The more I think about it, the more I love it.

Well it's getting late, and despite my almost 2 hour nap, I am tired.

1 comment:

Jon & Bridget said...

So I lent my Twilight to my mom's co-worker and she didn't like it. Couldn't even finish it. I was shocked. I had never heard of anyone not liking them either! :) Glad you got some stuff done at the house. Wish I could. I still have stuff to pack up and it is taking me forever! :)