Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Emergency Room, Really?!

How is it that Gabriel, my wee one, that's only graced this earth for 6 months (plus the 9 he was growing inside) has already endured more accidents and injuries and procedures than my 2 1/2 year old? The logistics boggle the mind. Anyway, Sunday morning, Barry and Gabriel were upstairs, and Gabe was on the bed (Yep you know where this is going) and Barry turned his back for a second to hang up his pants, and kaboom, Gabe hit the floor. He got a good sized egg (thanks to a picture frame that was sitting on the floor!) and a bruise on his forehead. While generally not a big deal, an egg on the forehead, he started gagging right after he fell (and was crying). So I thought we'd better be cautious and took him to the ER. He was fine, no concussion, but jimminey Gabey!



I took this picture today, you can see his little wound on his head. :) My little sweet pumpkin.

On another note, they say that it's the last good week in Iowa! We went to the park today and it was gorgeous! I'm not looking forward to fall and winter! I'm praying it's a decent one with not too much snow!

Also my friend Amy's transfer went well! You can read her blog here You can also see a picture of the blastocysts that were actually transferred! I totally cried when I saw them :)

I found my camera, the point and shoot, and there are a TON of pictures from the drive over that I will have to post in a later blog! It's dinner time, so I'm going to go!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

September was one of my favorite months in Iowa. Snow, I can handle that, but it's the crazy wind and temperatures with ice. I hope it's not too bad for you!

Ok, and you canot feel bad about falling off the bed. My poor Noah has been to the ER 2x's more (the only times) than Gage. You have to read this post, it's easier than commenting the whole story....http://christiansenchronicles.blogspot.com/2007/05/noah.html

I totally won mother of the year for that one!

Donnell Allan said...

Wow! I would have thought that was a picture of baby Barry!

Little babies can be so quick and unpredictable. I'm glad that little Gabriel is o.k.

Stacy Jacobsen said...

Oh poor little guy! He looks soooo much older than he did in July. It looks like he is chunking up a little bit, at least in the cheeks.