I've found it!
That? My friends, it's an EMPTY laundry sorter! Completely, 100% empty!
Now I know. Some of you are thinking, Yeah, yeah. So you did laundry. But, it's been for.ev.er. since I was completely and 100% done with laundry! I read every comment, and tried to figure out what would work the best for me, and my family.
I realized a few things:
1. I'm a lazy daisy. So laundry sorter IN the basement, where our washer and dryer live will probably = more productivity. I won't have to carry oh so heavy bags down 2 flights of stairs, one of which, I swear is trying to kill me.
2. It's much easier to put away one load of laundry than fifty. (Right, that should be pretty obvious.)
3. I wear a.lot of black.
4. Socks still are the devil. But they're not so bad if I do 3 pair/day vs. 15 pair (roughly 3 pairs of socks/person x 5 days)
5. It's nice to have variety of clothes for me and my kids to wear. Instead of wearing whatever was just washed, and is thus on the top of the clean clothes basket.
6. We have a lot of laundry baskets! Hopefully I'll be able to use them for something more fun than holding laundry.
I feel really good about my plan of action for laundry! It doesn't seem so daunting, and I think as long as I maintain approximately one load a day? I won't ever get behind! One load every day is a lot less scary and stressful than doing one day of a million loads. Plus it's so much easier to put away one load than a million, which means I may in fact, actually do it!
I promise no more laundry talk! Unless of course, I fail. If I fail? I guess I'll have to reevaluate :)
And just so you haven't read this whole blog for nothing:
The big boys are out getting a haircut right now, I'll have to post pictures of them when they get back!