Friday, October 9, 2009

The Casualty of Fall

I like fall. I really love the colors. The earthy, warm tones. Kind of funny that the colors are so warm, considering the weather gets considerably colder. The one big downfall to fall? Illness. It's pretty much inevitable. Julian's been in school now for over a month, and guess what? He's not been sick yet! That in itself is a miracle. Gabriel however, snotty mess. ME? Same. There are a million things I want to do today. Pumpkin Patch for "Fun Friday" YES! A visit to Michael's for some fun Glow in the Dark yarn. YES! 9,000,000 loads of laundry? YES! {OK I don't really WANT to do laundry, it's a need to do thing} What I will most likely end up doing? Lazing on my couch, knitting, wiping my nose 23847203 times. Oh, maybe I'll watch Angel on my computer. Yes I have high ambitions for myself today.

We have a busy-ish weekend planned. Saturday, the spouse's club I'm a part of, SOS is having an outing. We're visiting the Des Moines World Food Festival! YUM! I'm excited, since I do love food so much! That should be fu, and delicious. Hopefully I'll be able to trick Julian into eating something healthy, maybe.

I have so many books to read. For a while I was on a reading hiatus. I didn't read anything, I literally just knit. And watched Bones. One of my BFF, Carly, recommended the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I read the first book in like 2 days. So good. A little sci-fi, as in vampires, werewolves, etc. But really, really, really good. I got the 2nd book earlier this week, and REALLY want to read it, but I know that if I start it, I will be consumed for approximately 2 days. I just don't have time for that. I also have, upon recommendation from one of my other BFF, Ginger, Twenties Girl, by one of my favorite authors, Sophie Kinsella. She wrote the Shopaholic series, which is hilarious, as well as a few other books that are definitely worth reading. Then, Becky recommended the Vampire Academy. So I've got that as well. And one more book to round out my reading, another recommendation from Carly. I really trust her opinions on books, we're pretty much twins. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. I'm really excited to read it. I think soon, I will be getting the Sookie Stackhouse books, from my other BFF Barb! I'm so excited for those! Love me some vampire books! It all started with Buffy & Angel so many years ago.

2 comments:

Tara Ethington said...

Hahahaha! You were THE first vampire fan. For you its no dying fad. I MISS YOU!

Unknown said...

oh let me know how the sookie books are. I really want to read them.

oh this is Saramd by the way.